- An application can be made by the representative of manufacturer or by the brand owner company or by the designer / design company
- Irrespective of the applicant, the India Design Mark will be granted in the name of brand owner company with design credit to the designer / design company.
- An applicant may submit any number of entries in any category.
- In case of product family where either many product elements form one single product offering or where the product has the same basic design attributes, but with minor feature changes one application would suffice.
- The product entry should satisfy any two of the three requirements i.e. Made in India, Designed in India or Sold in India
- The entry should be mass-produced using an industrial process and should be in the market at the time of application
- The entry should be a complete product
- The entry should be an end product having been introduced in the market as a new product during the period of January 01, 2013 and June 29, 2015.
- Entries in the prototyping stage
- Entries which are under litigation for violation of patent, trademarks, design mark or any of the intellectual property related provisions
- Entries that are copies of other products available in Indian or foreign markets