- An application can be made by the representative of
manufacturer or by the brand owner company or by the designer /
- Irrespective of the applicant, the India Design Mark will
be granted in the name of brand owner company with design credit
to the designer / design company.
- An applicant may submit any number of entries in any
- In case of product family where either many product
elements form one single product offering or where the product has
the same basic design attributes, but with minor feature changes
one application would suffice.
- The product entry should satisfy any two of the three
requirements i.e. Made in India, Designed in India or Sold in
- The entry should be mass-produced using an industrial
process and should be in the market at the time of application
- The entry should be a complete product
- The entry should be an end product having been introduced
in the market as a new product during the period of January 01,
2018 and July 16, 2020.
- Entries in the prototyping stage
- Entries which are under litigation for violation of
patent, trademarks, design mark or any of the intellectual
property related provisions
- Entries that are copies of other products available in
Indian or foreign markets